Tuesday, July 18, 2006

7:20PM - Where I Am


[UPDATE: I was able to leave at 9:30pm]

Yeah, I'm still at work. Someone accidentally highlighted the contents of thier "C:\" drive and hit "Delete" (while in an FTP application). I am spending my evening recovering documents and rebuilding their computer. Zach is on his way over right now with a 4-patty BK Stacker meal for me - I am very excited about that!

Today marks the end of my first week as the sole network administrator. It has been crazy. Last week was pretty much 5am to 5pm. I'm sure things will settle down, but just when I think I might be getting control of things, something like this happens.

Despite the long hours and the stress of situations like this one, I am loving my job! I am in the industry I want to be in, I am doing what I love to do, and I am gaining valuable experience! The people here are great and the work is challenging. I will say that I am looking forward to production's busy season (Fall) when I can go down to 40hrs/week and maybe take a vacation :o) That will be nice!

Well, the data recovery application is asking for input, so I'd better sign out of Blogger, I just thought it would be fun to do a "real time" update...even though you all are probably reading this weeks after it happened because you gave up on me updating my blog :o) Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

psychobob said...

Huzzah for Zack and his food bearing ways!!! I am glad you are enjoying your job. Catch you later!

Jordan Lambert said...

some of us still check back to see if you have added something. I like to see what you have found on digg.com that I managed to miss.

Anonymous said...

Why are you the only administrator? Did Ben resign?

Bill said...

Yup, Ben left. He got a new job. So, the company is back to it's origonal plan, to use me as a replacement rather than an addition.

Anonymous said...

d'oh!

Say, you wouldn't happen to need any consulting ...... (/me grins)

Bill said...

LOL!!! We might just... I'll have to see. Right now I'm trying to stay afloat. Doing anything else is too much work. Once I can keep my head above water for more than 30 seconds at a time, I may be giving you a call ;)

Jordan Lambert said...

They should open up and have 2 people. Then Hire me. Then I could move back to Oregon.

hehe