Saturday, July 07, 2007

Ordering Pizza Online

The last time I tried order pizza online was in the summer of 2000. Krista and I were just married and we decided to try ordering pizza online. After an hour or so had passed after we placed our order and there was no pizza, I called them. Our conversation went something like this:
Me: Yeah, I ordered a pizza online over an hour ago and it isn't here yet.
Them: Online?
(pause)
Them: Oh yeah, online! Yeah...hang on...let me verify your order...
(pause)
Them: Ok, now, what did you order? And, what was your address?
(I give him my order)
Them: Yeah, I think that's just coming out of the oven...yeah, it's on its way!
And about 40 minutes later we got our pizza. Not the best ever, but hey, it was worth a try to order online.

Lately I've noticed all the pizza places in town advertising online ordering. It's been 7 years and now they are advertising it...I'll give it another shot. Just sent my order off for a couple P'zones from Pizza Hut. We'll see if we get it :)


UPDATE: We got our pizza! No problems! Wow! Pizza technology has come a long way in the last 7 years ;) Oh, and P'zones are great!

No comments: