Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday

Well, for me, Black Friday is over now. It was over at 6:11 AM. It was a very short shopping-spree for me this year. Usually, I head over to Fry's Electronics at 3-something in the morning to stand in line for killer deals. This year, for the second year in a row, the Fry's deals have been rather lame. Target was the spot to be for us this year. We got to Target at about 5:45 and took our place in line. There were about 150 people or so in front of us, but we still got everything on our list. Almost exclusively gifts for Mikayla and Lily. I did pick up The Goonies for me since it was $3.99. Who could pass that up?

Anyway, rather uneventful this year. I didn't get to push anyone (very hard) or even break a sweat running. I only made one phone call during shopping this year too...

Krista and her parents are doing more shopping today, but her parents weren't even awake when Krista and I left the house. They have much to learn about Black Friday shopping :)

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! Gobble gobble!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I still tell others about some of your previous Black Friday experiences... sound like it was pretty tame this year.

psychobob said...

Hmm...
Well, I slept until 9:00am then went to Eugene to hang out with some friends.
I'm a member of that croud the retailers are sweating over: the "No-as-a-matter-of-fact-I-did-not-go-shopping-on-Black-Friday" croud.
Of course it helps that Karen and I get the same thing for Christmas every year: XM radio subscription.