Monday, March 31, 2008

Sitting in Pompeii


Well, as most of you know, we made it back from Europe and we had a great time. I know I’m slow getting this first blog entry out, but things have been crazy since we’ve been back. I’m going to try to get through it all though and get to posting pictures. I took a TON of photos and I won’t bore you with all of them. I’ll post a few here and there and then when I’m through all of them I’ll update my flickr page with a better selection. For now though, here is a shot of Krista and I in Pompeii.

Pompeii was incredible. Acres and acres of ruins. It was crazy walking down the stone roads, preserved incredibly for nearly 2000 years. It was a little like walking through a ghost town. I’ll post more “traditional” photos of Pompeii, but I thought this one was cute.

1 comment:

psychobob said...

Wow Bill! I did not know you were going to Italy. Glad you had a good time.
I know the feeling when we Americans run into something from the 1500's.
I remember the feeling when I first saw the walls of the Old City of Jerusalem...incredible.