Friday, April 18, 2008

The plunge

Well, it finally happened. I am writing this to you on a MacBook Pro. My laptop at work died and terrible flaming death and I got approval to get a new notebook. I chose to go for the 15" MacBook Pro. So far, I am absolutely loving it. I feel liberated. OS X is so...smooth...light...fresh...simple... 

I have a long history of trying to escape Microsoft, so this is a long awaited victory. And, after using OS X for just 2 days, I have decided that I'm not going to be upgrading my home computer. I'm going to wait for the right time and then replace it with a mac as well. I'm a full convert now.

3 comments:

Jordan Lambert said...

congrats Bill! I made the plunge a few years back and now own 2 macs (ibook and now a MBP) I have converted many who all feel the same as you do. Its a constant "honeymoon" feeling with my macs and I love them more everyday.

Jordan Lambert

Tim said...

Good for you. The proof is in the Vista. I've got a Powermac G5, and when I get a laptop, it'll be a mac.

Anonymous said...

I support a handful of Mac users and a whole lot of PC/Windows users. I can't quite just convert. But could I ask you my Mac questions? Do you know of a cheap Mac OS 10.anything laptop I could explore macs a bit more?

-rob taylor