Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Broken Transmission – My Guardian Angel?

I had an eerie experience this morning on my way to work. My transmission in my Ford Explorer has been giving me problems; it hangs in neutral sometimes for a few moments before engaging in drive. This can be very annoying when you need to move quickly when you step on the gas. It is a problem that started after we had the transmission serviced and I just haven’t wanted to think about the cost of fixing it, so I haven’t looked into getting it fixed yet.

I pulled up to a stop light the same as I do every morning. This particular light is at an intersection where the cross traffic is going 45-55 mph. I was enjoying listening to Michael W. Smith’s new album and song, Stand. The light turned green and I put my foot on the gas pedal – I was in neutral with the engine rev’ing. I was a little annoyed, but I am getting used to it. I took my foot off the gas to wait for it to engage into drive (it jolts a little bit). At about this time (maybe 3 seconds after the light turned green) a semi barreled through the intersection in front of me at probably 55 mph. I put my foot on the break and listened to the words of the song that were playing on my stereo:
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the One who gave it all
I'll stand my soul Lord to You surrender
All I am is Yours

I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the One who gave it all
I'll stand my soul Lord to You surrendered
All I am is Yours

I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the One who gave it all
I'll stand
My soul, Lord, to You surrendered
All I am is Yours

I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the One who gave it all
I'll stand
My soul, Lord, to You surrendered
All I am is Yours

I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the One who gave it all
I'll stand
My soul, Lord, to You surrendered
All I am is Yours
Needless to say, this got my attention this morning. A lot is going through my head. Too much to write here, especially while at work. I just had to share that much. I am a firm believer that everything in life is deliberately planned out and orchestrated by God…He is the giver of all life.

No comments: