Friday, January 05, 2007

Studio Lights



Well, I made the plunge. With the profit of the last wedding I photographed, I bought studio lights. This was much needed and will help doing protraits a lot. For indoor portraits I have been bouncing flashes off reflectors, using window light, a Lightsphere, and anything else I can think of to attempt to emulate studio lights. A friend at work was able to get me a very good deal on some nice lights from one of our lab's customers.

The wedding went really well, but like all weddings there were small glitches. The bride is Japanese and her family speaks no english. The bride was the translator for during formal pictures and she had lost her voice. Despite the bumps along the way, I am very happy with how the photographs with my new lights turned out. The above image has had white balance adjusted to a grey card setting and has been cropped to an 8x10 - that's all! No exposure/desity adjustments at all - that's the way it came off my CF card :D

More to come soon...

No comments: