Thursday, April 05, 2007

Progress on Mock-Up Control Panel

Okay, I spend another evening working on my mock-up control panel. My two 4-way joysticks arrived today, but I still haven't got my four 8-way sticks. They are coming from London, so who knows how long that takes :(

Anyway, here is where I'm at with my controls:

You can see another "oops" under this joystick...I put buttons in the wrong place. It's really hard to think about the top of the control panel when you are measuring on the back...

There's the trackball! I didn't have the right saw to cut out that hole, so I didn't get the trackball mounted...

And there it is - the Happ Super Joystick. I expect many games of Pac-Man to be played with the 4-way stick :)

Yeah, there is a better picture of my "oops"...oh well, this is just a mock-up anyway ;)

This project is so much fun! I am really enjoying every aspect of it. I can't wait for it to be done, but at the same time I am really enjoying working on it. As long as the rest of the parts arrive Friday or Saturday, I should be able to finish this mock-up control panel by the end of the weekend :) Then I can hook it up to my computer and arcade monitor and try it all out :)

\\'007!!!

No comments: