Saturday, September 02, 2006

Second Panograph

Well, my first panograph was rejected by the Panography Flickr group. This is what they had to say:
Hey,

thank you for your picture. But at least this is no panography.
Panographies are wide angle pictures that make up the vision of reality seen like a person would when looking around from one point of view and unconsciously putting the pictures together in their head.
Your photo could also be done with a wide-angle-lens.
Please try "crazier" angles that look more interesting and please: Apply again! Thank you!
This is my second attempt. I think I like it better than the first. I went out to shoot the capitol building and this was just a stop on the way back. I really like it. Again, here are desktop background sizes:

1600x1200 1280x1024 1024x768 800x600

1 comment:

Rebecca.Alburn said...

Hi there, I'm a former WB student, found you through Robyn's webpage.

I like what you're doing with the panography. This is the first time I've heard of it, and I'm fascinated. You must be able to rotate and skew pictures in Photoshop to make a collage like this? I'm curious to try something of this sort, but I'm not all that familiar with Photoshop.

I think the judges on Flickr don't see what we "Salem-ites" see. I know that spot near downtown and it really would be hard to capture all the pieces in one photo, wide angle or not. You did a great job with both of your first attempts.

Good luck and maybe they'll let you in after another try!