Thursday, February 01, 2007

A GOOD Article on DRM

Anyone that knows me knows that I am very opposed to Digital Rights Management (DRM). This does not mean that I am opposed to paying for music, movies, and tv. I have a Comcast cable subscription, I buy DVD movies, and I have purchased several hundred songs off iTunes - I am not opposed to paying for content.

I recommend reading DRM in the BitTorrent and Broadband Age for anyone who listens to music, watches tv, or watches movies. It's a well rounded article about DRM and has some good ideas/points. I especially like his thoughts on DRM with books in print. I like the author's ideas, but they are far from what the RIAA & MPAA want.

(Yes, this article was featured on Slashdot, so many of you may have already read it.)

2 comments:

Bill said...

LOL! As I went back to re-read some of the article, this banner ad was on the left hand side:
Click me

AWESOME!

psychobob said...

DRM is why I refuse to use iTunes. BOO! I am sure no one ever copied music from one tape to another back in the 80's. It just came to the attention of the MPAA etc. now because the internet made it much easier to get the music. The more they try to tighten the noose, the more money they will loose. And that side-bar ad is hilarious!