Thursday, October 20, 2005

Apple Napkins

Apple needs to make some napkins...so those of us drooling over their products can put them under our chins...my keyboard is a soppy mess!

Yes, yesterday was Apple's 3rd announcement in 5 weeks. They talked about the new quad processor macs, updates to the powerbooks, but the coolest thing was something designed just for photographers. Aperture. Aperture is their new "Picasa on steroids" as I have started calling it. It is WAY cool. Basically, it is an image organizer, raw converter, basic editor, and more - all designed for the photographer. I watched the videos on it last night and wow! Go check them out now:

http://www.apple.com/aperture/

For a photographer, this as a companion to Photoshop makes the ultimate digital photo editing package. There are two downsides to it however. First, it only runs on a mac, so I need one of those. Second, it's $500 (when it comes out in 6-8 weeks). Now, I need a mac. Maybe a quad G5? :o) I'd settle for a nice 20" imac. However, all that costs money. Maybe someday photography will really take off for me, but for now, I'll have to just drool.

Come on Apple! Provide us with napkins!

;o)

3 comments:

PapaMark said...

Yes cool but not worth $2500 right now-
You do too good of work with what you have!

Bill said...

20" iMac G5 (upgraded) - $2,199
Aperture - $499
Photoshop - $599

I'd actually be looking at $3,300...and that's with no office suite...

...but OSX is SO COOL!

;o) Like I said, they just need to make napkins so those of us can't afford them can at least drool...

Anonymous said...

I’ve seen a couple of negative reviews but I still think Aperture is a good product. I only got it last week and I'm already impressed by its fluidity and speed. It offers a ton of advanced options in a real easy and simple interface. I won't ever need to import pictures with iphoto, and I only ever use Photoshop for montage because Aperture does the job really well. Well done Apple.