Saturday, January 14, 2006

My Latte!!!

Krista and I each received Starbucks gift cards as Christmas gifts. This morning (Saturday) we decided that morning espresso sounded really good. I had to go out to run a quick errand anyway, so on my way home I picked up a grande non-fat cinnamon spice mocha and a triple vente carmel latte. When I got home, Krista was giving Mikayla a bath. When Mikayla was done with the bath, it was my job to put her diaper on. I was in the middle of that task when I saw Lily with my latte! She was holding it upside down and it was pouring out on the floor. Lily's pajamas were completely soaked and she was very proud of herself. After making sure Lily wasn't burned, cleaning up the floor, and getting Teddy 2.0 out of the closet (Teddy 1.0 had quite a bit of latte on him), I examined my Starbucks cup. It was nearly empty.

1 comment:

psychobob said...

Sometimes I am soooo glad we don't have kids ;-)
I helped a friend move this weekend. They have a 3 year old and a new born. At the newly built house they are moving into, the three-year-old decided it was a good idea to pour rootbeer all over one of the dining room chairs and floor. Then she had a meltdown when she couldn't go outside in the freezing rain and play on her slide. It was so much fun.