Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Play smart, be patient, and get lucky...you'll get pizza!

Well, after a long day at work (hand posting transactions and it being end of month) I decided I would play poker at Lefty's tonight. Game play started at 7 and I was there by 6, so I enjoyed pizza and water and watched a bit of the State of the Union address. 7:00 came and I had my 5,000 starting chips. I won the first pot by making two pair with my 84os big blind. I started to get excited. Well, it was an hour later that I won my 2nd pot...and I was nearly out of chips. I made it to the chip-addon stage and found myself with 9,000 chips. I played very solid and managed to get to the final table with about 50,000 chips. "10th out of 70ish people wouldn't be bad," I said to myself. Well, through one lucky break and a couple good plays, I found myself heads up playing for first. I now had 100,000. That only lasted 2 hands. I went out with high-pair and four to the flush after pushing all-in on the flop. I had a great evening and I won a gift certificate for 2 pizziola's. Guess Krista and I have a date night coming up soon :o)

2nd place - good enough for me ;o)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice one bub! Sounds like fun!

Anonymous said...

What did you loose to?

Bill said...

I lost to trips...pocket 10's that hit on the flop...