Thursday, June 21, 2007

Rochester, NY: Day 4

Today we had another full day of classes. It was great. We learned so many things. I got more hints and tips about upgrading to the next version of our Kodak software.

After class we went to the George Eastman House here in Rochester. It is an amazing place. I'm posting photos below. It was built between 1902 and 1905 for $300,000. Then, a few years later, he spent $750,000 to have the house sawn in two and extended from the middle 9 feet - simply amazing. There is steel between all the walls also, so that in case of a fire it would be contained.

After the Eastman House, we went to a neat NY pizza place on the outskirts of Rochester. Excellent pizza (sorry Zach, no photos of the pizza).

Our flight leaves tomorrow morning at like 3:00AM PST or something crazy like that. I'm looking forward to coming home, but I'm not looking forward to getting up that early.





And this is as close to a group photo as we have :)





Wow! A wooden safe! Very cool.



And a camera that looks like a gun, who'da thunk?

I liked the ceilings...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, that's a nice house but you completely skipped the entertainment room... where do you put the XBox and Wii?

~Uncle Z

psychobob said...

I like the hoof-thingy. I picture that sitting in Kershner's "study." :)