Thursday, September 29, 2005

A Little Shook Up

Yesterday two men came into my credit union and presented a check to cash. One of the men also presented a California Driver’s License. I put the check into the computer and it came up as a stolen check. I calmly looked up our member’s signature card and compared the signature behind the counter where the men couldn’t see. Not even close. This was a stolen check, forged signature, and attempted fraud! I calmly took the check and the man’s license and went in the back and dialed 9-1-1. The men left before the police arrived. The police took a statement from me and I gave them the (very fake looking) driver’s license and the check. They said a detective would be in contact with me soon.

Of course this would be the one afternoon that both my boss and the lady that has worked here nearly as long as I have been alive were both out of the office. I called my boss and recounted the entire event and she told me I did everything right, good job, etc..

After it was all over and we locked the doors and started balancing, I realized I was still quite shook up. My heart was racing right up until I went to bed last night. Hopefully today will be a less eventful day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Wowsers, Bubba... that does not sound fun.