Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Where to Find Cheap Obituaries

No, I didn't die. I'm still alive and well. I know, I know, you are thinking, "Bill, it's been like 126 hours since you posted? What's up with that?" Well, I have almost recovered from my all day photo shoot on Saturday. And I mean ALL DAY. I left home at 7:30AM and I got back at 1:30AM the next day. My only break was for 3 hours to attend a wedding.

First I better explain the title for this entry. I was at the Statesman Journal frontpage this morning looking for the story about MAPS getting robbed at gunpoint yesterday. I couldn't find it in the main section, so I started looking on the sidebars. I looked about half-way down and read, "Where to find cheap obituaries." I kept moving on and then stopped about 4 seconds later and thought, "WHAT?!" After closer inspection, it seems that my mouse was covering the word "gas". I should have read, "Where to find cheap gas" and then the next line read, "Obituaries." I thought it was funny though.

Saturday was a blast! I did a photo shoot for Wholesomewear, a local Christian company that sells modest clothing and swimwear. I sold the rights to the photos, so I am in the process of finding out if I can blog some of the photos. Until I get that approval, well...you can just wait =)

The wedding I attended Saturday was very interesting. The groom left the sanctuary in the middle of the cerimony! Turns out he was fairly sick - enough to make it to the emergency room during the reception. He had a fever and was dehidrated - stress is a powerful thing.

After the wedding, I returned to the job site and worked on the post-processing of the images we shot. Since I shoot in RAW, I have the option to do a lot of editing before the image is converted into a standard file format (like JPG or TIFF). Some day I will write an article on the power of RAW and why/how it should be used. Not today though, this post is long enough and I'm not done =)

Anyway, it was a long fun day. I feel recovered now and you can expect to see posts again and maybe even a photo or two ;)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!

No comments: