Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Archive Week - Day 3



This is, of course, our State Capitol here in Oregon. I used my Olympus C-3000Z to capture 5 photos that I then stitched together to make this panoramic image. It was not hard to do and a lot of fun. Key things for a successful panorama: 1.) tripod 2.) use the same exposure for each image 3.) don't use a circular polerizer ;) I learned that at Crater Lake.

On a totally side note from photos, my poker game has gone down the tubes this week. Friday night I was 1st out in a game of 6. Sunday night I was 1st out in a game of 6. And last night I was 3rd out in a game of 38. I am not playing dumb - I have just been very unlucky. Trips beat out by flushes. AKs, AQs, ATs, KQs, KK, TT, 99 - all not holding up after the flop. Last night the only hand I could have one before going out I folded pre-flop: Q3 of spades. The board showed AKX, all of spades. Two people made straights too and it ended up being a HUGE pot. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I plan to keep trying. It's frustrating though. I've been playing the percentages, but those 20%, 30%, and 40% odds have been happening EVERY time this week. I don't get it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Bub, your game will turn around (mabey that aggressive play isn't best for our tables...).