Wednesday, July 27, 2005

As the fog rolls in



This photo was taken in Astoria, Oregon. It was a beautiful sunny day and then clouds just started rolling in. In a matter of moments it was completely gray and ended up lasting the rest of the afternoon. I wish I would have had more time to photograph the fog on its way in, but it was fast. I took several shots, but I didn't have time to get to the bridge or other places that would have been fun to see. I think this shot best captures the rolling in of the fog onto a sunny day.

Maybe some clouds from nowhere will roll into Salem today. The high according to the Weather Channel's page is 96F. That is too hot. I like things a LOT cooler. Say, 65 and overcast. I like wearing sweatshirts, jeans, a light jacket, etc. I don't like shorts, sweat, peeling sunburns, heatstroke, etc. I guess I live in the right place. It can't be perfect all the time, but Oregon gets its fair share of 65 and overcast.

A (final?) update on my health: It is still sore to swallow, but it is very minimal. My energy level yesterday was good right up until 8pm...then I dropped. I hope I am completely over this sickness and can get back on with my life now. I am greatly looking forward to that. Mikayla has been too. She has been staying back, blowing kisses, and patting my leg saying, "Daddy sick." Maybe tonight I'll have enough energy to run around the kitchen table or go out back and play.

No comments: