Friday, July 08, 2005

The Squirrel Man



I was on my lunch break eating my Taco Bell goodies at Bush Park when this guy and his wife came and sat down near me. They were feeding the squirrels peanuts. I had never seen squirrels so friendly, so I watched from a distance. The man got bit on the finger and started to bleed (fairly badly), so I took over some Taco Bell napkins and started talking with them. He knew a LOT about squirrels. He let me take some photos and I am really disappointed with my results. I failed to capture the 40 squirrels that once hovered around him. There are only 4 in this shot and the one in the lower left looks more like a mouse. I'll probably never see the couple again, but this has put ideas in my head of shots I'd like to get. I had no idea that a simple bag of peanuts could bring 40+ squirrels to your lap, feet, and all around. I might have to set up a shot someday. For now though, I have this.

Camera: Canon EOS D30
Date: 07-06-2005 12:56 PM
Flash: not used
Focal Length: 19mm
Shutter: 1/125
Aperature: f/10
ISO: 200
Cropped?: no
Photoshop: slight sharpening, converted to B&W, increased contrast

No comments: