Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Diamond Lake at Sunset



I don't know why, but this makes several posts now recently from my trip to Diamond Lake/Crater Lake back in 2003. This shot was taken exactly 2 years ago yesterday. Back then I was shooting with my Nikon Coolpix 5700. A great camera, BTW.

I don't have a single sunset shot with the sun in it that I like. And I have a lot of them. I don't know if it's something I'm missing or just a skill I need to work on, but something has to change. I've seen a lot of shots with the sun in the photo and it works for other people.

On a health note: I am feeling much better now. I'm almost through my antibiotics and I am through my steriods. My throat is still very raw and sore, but it seems that is it. I am eating regular solid foods now (tamalies, pizza, potatoes, hamburger) and not just pudding. I almost stopped at the food stand at Costco last night for a hotdog because it sounded too good. I was in a hurry though going from picking something up there to picking up boxes from Eugene at Corban College (formally known as Western Baptist College).

Yeah, in case you haven't heard, WBC is now Corban. It's weird to think that the name of the college I graduated from no longer exists, but I'm getting used to it. Here are a couple links explaining the change: one & two.

Eugene, my longtime friend and former sorta RA, is now the RD (resident director) of Farrar, the best dorm on Wester....Corban's campus. It was weird helping him move in and weirder still showing up at the dorm last night, pulling into the back parking area where I know I can't park, looking around to make sure campus ops isn't going to fine me. It was weird because it was my home for 2 years. I spend a lot of time at Eugene's place and to think that now that time will be spent in my old place is still taking some getting used to. I can't imagine what it feels like to be living in Farrar. That's got to be the coolest/weirdest thing.

I look forward to seeing Corban grow and having a friend on the inside to keep me up to date with the "official" word, not just the rumors we all got before. Like what's up with possibly banning poker? Is that true? Stay tuned.

No comments: