Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Flower of Effect



Well, there is alot to say about this one. All of the effects were done with Picasa2. I've been playing with it more and it is an amazing tool. First off I adjusted the Color Temperature, Shadows, and Highlights. Then I moved on to the Effects tab and started playing there. I used Saturation, Soft Focus, Focal B&W, and Glow. I really like the result. It took a ho-hum photo of a flower and made it an interesting photo. I am very interested to hear what your response is to it.

And now for my rabit trail. I may have to rename this blog if I keep this up. Something like, "Bill's photos and ramblings". I'm enjoying writing, venting, explaining, etc. And I know that's what blogs are all about, but I didn't think I was a blogger. We'll see how long this keeps up, it could very well just be a spirt.

I went to Lefty's last night and played Limit Texas Hold'em. This was my 4th or 5th time there and it was a LOT of fun. There were 43 people playing - an all time high for them. Last week there were 38 and I took 36th place. This time I played a lot better. It helped that I had pocket aces and after the turn I had aces full of twos and someone else made the nut flush. I got a significant amount of chips off that play. I had several dry spells though and I really had to wait and hope for a better hand. My last dry spell was at the last two tables and into the final table. After 6 or 7 hands at the final table and me losing my blinds to raisers, I finally ended my dry spell - or so I thought. I had an ace and my cards where suited, "\//00T!" I thought. At this time the blinds where 1000-1500 (we started with 1500 in chips for comparison) and I was sitting on 5500 in chips (not chip leader by any means, but not short-stack either). I lead out and bet it for 3000. The guy to my left raises my to 4500 and I go all-in and make it 5500. We roll up the cards and he throws down pocket kings. My heart sunk. No hands in an hour and when I finally get a B or C class hand I'm going up against kings? Man. Needless to say, his kings held up and I found myself finishing 6th place. 6th out of 43 isn't bad - but you always play to win. I did my best though and I can't fault myself for that.

Well, today is a day I have to be at work an hour early. We have one person out on vacation and one more will be leaving before 9:00. I have about 30 or 40 minutes worth of work to do to get ready for my boss to take over and finish before she has to leave at 9. That will take us down to 60% of our employees. Working in a small office is very hard that way.

Late night, early morning, busy work day, and a sore throat. Sounds like a Starbucks morning if ever I heard of one. But, I can't complain too much. My wife was up most of the night and not able to sleep. I think she's on less than an hour of sleep. Hopefully she can rest some today.

Cya'all tomorrow!

No comments: