Sunday, July 31, 2005

New name, same blog.

A couple of comments regarding my most recent post (about Windows Vista Beta 1) started me thinking about the direction of this blog. "Bill's Photoblog" doesn't sum up what I want to do. I want to post photos, yes, but I don't want to be limited to that. I want to talk about software, hardware, poker, Mikayla, Lily, daily work things, etc.. So, I began my search for a unique name that would cover all of those topics.

Many people would argue, but I like words. I enjoy reading the Dictionary.com Word of the Day. I like learning unfamiliar words that have familiar meanings. I remembered a Word of the Day from a while back (here is the link). Mélange means "a mixture or a medley." That gives me more flexibility than "Bill's Photoblog".

So, just like Western Baptist College, I have a new name with the same mission. Look forward to a mélange of topics here. Mostly photos and hopefully updated daily sprinkled with poker and computer topics.

No comments: