Sunday, November 13, 2005

34os Wins By Taking Out 3 Players!

Last night I played a small (5 players) game of poker. I tried a couple of new things, one of which really worked for me. The idea is this, raise pre-flop with terrible cards, say 72os, 34os, etc. giving the impression that you have a strong hand. Then, see what kind of a flop you get and what other players are doing. If the flop comes AKJ, you can probably bluff very successfully. That is, unless someone really does have great cards. If the flop comes 723 or something low, you could hit your cards and no one would think you did because they are all low and you raised pre-flop. They wouldn't believe you and call your bets thinking you were bluffing you had an over-pair. That is, unless someone really does have an over-pair. Anyway, that's a play that I thought I'd try a few times last night and it really worked out for me:

Bill: raised just over double the big blind pre-flop with 34os.

Everyone calls the bet.

Flop comes 3-4-something with two hearts.

Eugene bets, JD raises all-in, I call, Christie goes all-in, and Eugene goes all-in. We see top pair, Ace-high flush draw, and my two-pair. My hand holds up through the turn and the river and somehow I took out 3 players and ended the game with 34os. I can't promise that play will work every time, but I used it 2 or 3 times last night and it worked well for me.

34os might be my new favorite hand ;o)

No comments: