Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Bat

I shot this bat at the *gasp* Oregon Zoo last week. It was incredibly dark and I didn't have a flash. I was so glad I had a digital camera and a lens with IS. This was shot at 135mm with my 75-300 IS lens at ISO 400 at 1/30s. I knew I could slightly underexpose the image in Capture One, so I bumped my ISO up to 400 and waited for a moment that he was doing something interesting/fun, but not moving a lot, because 1/30s isn't fast enough to stop most motion. I think it really worked well. I had zero confidence while I was shooting, but I am very happy with the result.

It's Wednesday, so if I make it until lunch, I'll be half way through my work week. My lunch today will be spent installing Norton Internet Security on a computer for a board member of the Credit Union. I'm getting home made grilled ham & cheese sandwiches out of the deal, so I am happy. Now, just to make sure I make it until lunch time.

I have been staying up too late lately (no pun intended). Last night I wasn't trying to fall asleep until midnight. I might need the help of Starbucks this morning. We'll see if I have time. I need to find my NES and Excitebike for a friend to use for an object lesson later this week. I hope it's in the house, otherwise I'll have to kiss Starbucks good-bye and brave the garage. *Shudder*

Wish me luck.

No comments: