Sunday, August 14, 2005

I'm running OSX!!!!

No, I didn't go out and buy a mac. I followed these instructions (and these too) to install the OSX x86 version to my machine. Why? Because it's cool! Can I do anything in it? No. Can I install anything to it? No. WAY COOL none the less. It is running natively on MY PC.

This makes me think, why is Apple not planning on licensing their OS to the masses? Steve Jobs needs to realize that millions of people want an alternative to Windows for their PCs... I'd buy it.

I'd post screenshots, but I can't get my network card to work in OSX. At this point it is very much just a novelty to have it.

Doh!! Looks like it just broke :) "You need to restart your computer" comes up now when I try to boot it. Well, that was a fun 30 minutes. Guess I'll have to rebuild the drive :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are about a million and two threads on slashdot about this, but people usually come to the same conclusion: Apple is a hardware company, and they developed OSX to sell hardware. People also point out that one of the main reasons OSX does so much better than Windows is because they control every single piece of hardware it can be installed on. Lose that, and an OS will fall into the same trap that Windows has.