Friday, August 19, 2005

Not enough time in the day for all these podcasts!

[No photo today. Go visit Krista's page and see my cute girls there!]

I just discovered “KFI’s Tech Guy”. It is Leo Laporte’s radio show that he also broadcasts as a podcast. It’s a GREAT show. I love it. The only problem is, it is twice a week at 2 hours each. Add this to the 1.5 hour TWiT podcast once a week, the latest 45 minute sermon from Covenant Life Church, a 40 minute weekly episode of techPhile, a 30 minute Diggnation, and a 40 minute Mike’s Tech Show, and a handful of other random < 15 minute podcasts….and WHOA happens FAST. I’ve easily got 10+ hours of podcasts to listen to a week. I pretty much exclusively listen to them in the car, so that limits me to about 1.75 hours a day, M-F. And to make matters worse, I doubt I am done finding good podcasts. Here are my recommendations:

  • TWiT (This Week in Tech)
    • TWiT is basically a round table style meeting of some of the top geeks in the US just talking about technology this week. Leo Laporte, Kevin Rose, Patrick Norton, John C. Dvorak, Roger Chang, and more!!
  • KFI’s Tech Guy
    • This podcast is basically Call For Help on radio. It’s very fun to listen to. I love Leo and there is a lot of good information given out on this show.
  • Diggnation
    • Kevin Rose and Alex Albrecht chat about the top digg stories of the week. Very informative and fun to listen to.
  • techPhile
    • Another technology podcast. They talk about all kinds of stuff; Xbox 360, politics, IE 7, Vista, podcasting, etc..
  • 2 Minute Photoshop Tricks
    • A podcast in its infancy, but VERY good. They could use a better host (voice), but the content is great. I learned something new about Photoshop just last night!
  • Covenant Life Church
    • This is the church that Joshua Harris pastors. It’s way over in Maryland, but all the sermons go online and podcast each week. I’ve heard two now and I’m hooked. It’s a great mid-week listen to on a lunch break.
  • Mike Tech Show
    • The Mike Tech Show is good. It’s not TWiT or KFI’s Tech Guy, but it’s good. If I have to end up cutting a show, it will probably be this one. I have really enjoyed it though, so the thought of cutting it is sad.
I don’t have time to listen to all these. I’ll probably keep downloading them and just archiving them for the day to come that I can sit down for 800 hours in a row and catch up because that’s the kind of person I am. I have said it before and I say it again, I have a disease. I just simply can’t throw things away.

Well, I didn’t get home at 6 last night. It was 7pm before I got home. The lady I am training at work was out of balance and it took a LONG time to fix it. I don’t like talking about work on my blog, so I’ll stop there.

And now, for all 2 of you that haven’t given up trying to read this terribly long post…I was finally able to download the World Series of Poker episode that aired Tuesday night. It was put up yesterday. I know I can’t complain, but I’m going to anyway. That is a long time in between airing it and when it went up for download. During the regular TV season, shows would be up within hours of airing. I guess some people are just slacking off during the summer.

And now I say farewell to the laptop. My parents are leaving for vacation today for a week and my brother is meeting up with them. He wants them to bring him his laptop. I have used it a lot the past two weeks and it makes me want a laptop more than ever. It is so nice to be online outside, on the couch, etc.. But, I’d need to spend at least $1000 to get one I’d like and that is a little much right now. Maybe I’ll come up with an idea for a book to sell on Lulu.com and buy a book with the profits…not likely. Me? Write? Ha! I can’t write. This blog is a testimony to that.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I hope you don't have the cut the Mike Tech Show :-(