Thursday, August 18, 2005

Rocks, NES/Excitebike, Norton, and Cookies

I enjoy taking pictures of odd signs. “Rocks next ½ mile” is not a funny saying and is by no means profound, but I love the image that goes with it. I am building a collection of funny/interesting/odd signs.

Well, yesterday I found the Nintendo. It was in a box in the garage. Unfortunately, I realized that I did not own Excitebike. I packed up the NES anyway in hopes that Salem would have Excitebike accessible. Somehow even after the garage search, I had enough time to hit Starbucks yesterday morning. I really needed that triple vente caramel latte.

On my lunch break I headed over to Gayle’s house to download and install Norton SystemWorks 2005. I didn’t end up finishing it on my lunch, so I went back after work (5:45 to 7:15) to finish up. Why did that take so long? Symantec puts you on hold for 20 minutes when they forget to “complete the order” after it’s paid for. For some unknown reason the Symantec downloader only downloads at 30 Kb/s on a 4 megabit internet connection. A 1.2 Ghz processor should have more than 128 MB of RAM when running XP home. But, I got grilled sandwiches and a half a watermelon to take home.

After the Norton nightmare I stopped by Game Crazy in hopes that they would have Excitebike for the NES. Sure enough, they had multiple copies. And, such a great deal too! Only $12.95 for a 1980’s NES game. *dripping with sarcasm* But, they had it and now Eugene has it for his object lesson and I have it to add to my collection of NES games.

It was a long day. I got home at 8:15pm, had dinner, ate cookies, talked a bit, and went to bed. Hopefully this evening I’ll make it home by 6pm.

No comments: