Monday, August 22, 2005

Future Plans

I took this shot of Mikayla on Saturday morning. Krista’s parents were staying with us and Mikayla was showing off. Her latest thing is those goggles. She doesn’t use them in the water, just around the house. I had to get a shot of her proudly wearing them.

This was a long weekend. Saturday we all were going to go to a wedding down in Eugene (1 ½ hour trip – one way), but Lily got sick. I ended up staying home with Lily for the afternoon/evening. Then yesterday Mikayla had a birthday party to go to, so I watched Lily again for a few hours. I have a new appreciation for what Krista does. It is a lot of work taking care of one (sick) baby. I can’t imagine being home alone with two kids 5 days a week. That is a lot of work. Makes my job look easy.

This weekend I began doing a little re-structuring. I will eventually be moving my blog as well as making some other changes. As of right now, there is only one new thing, Mikayla has a podcast: http://kaya.billenglish.net. The first episode is up, but it’s only 1 minute long. It’s basically a test of my new iPod mic, Audacity (my audio software), and how I am going to be putting up the podcast. The RSS feed needs some work. According to WordPress (the CMS that I am using for her podcast), if you include an absolute URL to an mp3 in your post, it treats it as a podcast. Well, I did this and it’s not putting the right stuff in my RSS feed. If anyone out there knows anything that would help me, please e-mail me! I’m doing a lot of research, but there is just so much information out there.

Eventually, www.billenglish.net is going to be my webpage. It will link to my business site (www.ouralbumonline.com), my blog (melange.billenglish.net), and much more. It will have my resume online, contact info, etc. I need to make time for all of this though. One step at a time is my approach. The first piece is Kaya’s Podcast. I am looking forward to publishing 3-10 minutes a week of her latest vocabulary/songs/words/etc.

After a bit of online research, I decided to get the Griffin iTalk. It’s an attachment for the iPod that allows for voice recording. It has a built in mic (that I am not at all happy with), but it also has a jack to plug in another mic. I hope that the audio quality of plugging in another mic is good, otherwise I will be looking for another solution for capturing Mikayla’s audio. I also need to learn how to disguise my iPod. It’s all Mikayla wanted to do – “hold daddy’s music?”

Update on Lily (right now!) - she just barfed on my side of the bed...man!

1 comment:

Krista said...

Thanks so much for all your help this weekend!! You did a good job at being willing to watch a sick baby! And don't worry - I'm washing the sheets. lol